Saturday, June 2, 2012

Drat!

Over at 'A Wanderer In the Shadowed Land', there is, as of today, a new post about awards.  Congrats are in order for winning the awards.  But as I was reading, I was thinking, "Now would be a good time to finally write that post about the downsides to blog awards, how inconvenient they are," all in a manner that would not offend of course.  And then, wouldn't you know it?  Right down there at the bottom, she awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award.  Darn.

How totally ungrateful would it be for me to say that they're kinda stupid?  I mean, I should definitely not say that, since you're forced to pick blogs to award, the award doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Yeah, that would be rather snobbish.  But perhaps I could mention that bloggers scroll down to the end of the post to see if they're there and, finding that they're not, are kinda disappointed, and scold themselves for being so selfish.  (Don't look at me!  I don't know what I'm talking about.)  Technically, the award would eventually get to every blog ever created, if everyone who received it passed it on to three new people.  And it would be the epitome of ingratitude to ask, what does this award really mean?  Some random person made a picture that said "blah-blah award" so that they could really hit home to someone that their blog is awesome.  But so what?  It's just an extravagant way of putting a comment that said "I love your blog!"  So since that would be totally uncalled for, I won't ask.  Neither will I say any of these things that would be quite rude and inconsiderate to the person who so kindly awarded me.  In fact, it would be much better to say:

[Note: parts that are in brackets are my thoughts and are not actually in my acceptance speech]

Thank you very much, Rosamund Gregory, for this award.  Awards for bloggers are great because they make bloggers feel like they're not wasting time [which they probably are] by writing all their thoughts and [meaningless] details of their day on the world wide web.  It's so great that there are so many awards going around so that anyone [anyone] can receive an award and be uplifted.  [And really, why else would anyone blog if not to be uplifted by people you're not even sure actually exist.]  It means so much to me to receive the Kreativ Blogger Award.  I always considered myself to be creative [so why would someone need to tell me?] and it is just so gratifying to know that someone else has [finally] recognized my genius.  It is thrilling to learn that my talent for creativity has measured up enough to be awarded.  And here I'd like to thank all the little people who made this possible, but I can't think of any.  So thank you, very much, for awarding me this honor.

But apparently, I have to do one thing more in order to receive this award [like my creativity isn't enough]: ten random things about myself.

1.  As of right now, it is 9:49 AM and I have been up since about half-an-hour ago.

2.  I like Frank Sinatra's pre-injury voice better than the after voice.

3.  There is a light bulb sitting on my desk.  That's not really a random fact about me, though, until I tell you that it's my personal light bulb.  Yep, when I get an idea, it hovers over my head and lights up.

4.  Tonight I am going to my first birthday party in almost ten years.  (I'm still not sure what to buy her for her sweet sixteen - any ideas?  Earrings? iTunes gift card? a flower pot?  no, no, that's stupid....)

5.  If I could have my way, I'd get back in bed, put a TV on my desk, order popcorn and a soda pop, and sleep/watch movies/read the day away.

6.  I'm praying for good weather tomorrow 'cuz it's my party.

7.  I think I'm going to wait to eat breakfast until my mom gets back from small group at Panera.  She always brings cinnamon bagels - yum.

8.  I am so excited about my singing lessons - I'm making huge progress.

9.  Because I am now the second shortest person in the family, I sat in the middle seat in the middle row down to Virginia last weekend, which is a terrible seat, and I pinched my shoulder.  It still hurts when I stretch it or work it hard (sometimes when I use that arm to cut food!) and, get this, when I'm singing!

10.  I need to get offline.


Well, all that being said, thank you, truly, Rosamund, for the award.  I make you smile?  Aw, gosh....  That's even better than the award.  Congratulations on your new sibling!


Stay tuned for winners - will be back soon......   [UPDATE: Alright, shoot me - I'm not awarding this to anyone.  At least not right away.  When I come across something that screams "CREATIVE!!!!" I'll award it on the spot.  In the meantime, my award is not going to become an inconvenience to me - sorry!.]

 
~ Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...