Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Famous Women of Films Week

Famous Women of Films Week is going on at The Golden Road and I have been tagged to answer some questions.  This will be really difficult since I am not really a "favorites" person.



1. What was the first "old movie" that you can remember watching?
Well, I'm sure I had watched others first, but the first one I can remember is 'Singing in the Rain' (excepting Christmas movies).

2. Out of the Famous Women mentioned this week, who is your favorite singer?
This is a tough one since there are a few singers I like but I haven't heard much of their work.  Besides that, each singer is a little different.  If you asked me if Jane Powell or Kathryn Grayson, it would be a little easier.  But I think I have to say Jane Powell is my favorite singer.

3. Out of the Famous Women mentioned this week, who is your favorite dancer?
No second guesses - Vera Ellen

4. Out of the Famous Women mentioned this week, who is your favorite actress?
Of the ones I know well, I have to say Jane Powell again.

5. What is your favorite "old movie"?  Why?
 It could be 'Hit the Deck', because it has Ann Miller, Debbie Reynolds, and Jane Powell, as well as three great actors, and lots of fun music.  But then, I really like 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game', which doesn't star any of these women.

6. Who is your utmost favorite Famous Woman of Films Week?  Why?
I'm going to say Jane Powell.  Out of all of them, I have seen the most of her and I think she is very good.  Although I have also seen much of Ann Miller and Vera Ellen, am not as impressed with their overall performance as with Jane Powell's.

7.  Do you watch a lot of "old movies" starring many of these Famous Women or do you have different tastes?  If so, please share your interests!
Yes, I do.  I have watched a lot of Jane Powell's earlier films, many of Donald O'Connor's early work, and have finally figured out what Frank Sinatra was such a heartthrob.  Gene Kelly is also very talented, but they comes a point where you feel like he should be in a ballet on the stage instead of in the movies.  And there is so much more....  Go to my movie review page.  I don't have a whole lot up yet, but you can get the general feel for what I like there.  Also, look at the videos I put in my posts!

8. Were you introduced to any new actresses by Famous Women of Films Week?  If so, which one(s)?
 Yes, I don't believe I've heard of Ann Reinking and I'm afraid I haven't seen 'Annie'.  So if I've seen her in something else, I missed it!




Alright, so here are the rules:


1. Answer the questions provided in a blog post.
2. Mention the person who tagged you with a link to their blog.
3. Tag three other people and let them know you have tagged them!



Trying to be insightful as to who would be interested in this, I tag:
Rosamund Gregory - A Wanderer In the Shadowed Land/Shoes of Paper Stockings of Buttermilk 
Emily - Meaningful Words 
WinterRose - Soaring Sigh 

I apologize if this is a terrible inconvenience to you all, but! that's how it is when you have a blog
~Meggy


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...