Saturday, June 9, 2012

Goals for the Summer

1) Get in shape.
- Okay, so I was in shape, and now I'm out of it.  I need to keep doing my ballet exercises, and I need to take up archery again, and we have a badminton set - why not use it?  And we have enough bikes that there must be one I can use.  I have no excuse!

2) Like myself again.
- I'm not sure how exactly, but I've been feeling very low about myself of late.  I need to be quieter, less of a drama queen, and more considerate even of those who are blowing me off.  At least I have figured out what I want to change though.

3) Grow a successful garden (without killing everyone for asserting they know better than me).
- I admit I'm not an expert gardener, but why is everyone looking down on me?  Mum insisted I needed a fence to keep the critters out, friends of ours (who have only been gardening two years) insisted likewise, and had no other reason than they said so (even though I've been gardening several years and had minimal problems with critters).  I have a hound dog - what do you think she's for?  And I have other reasons for not wanting chicken wire around my garden.  And when family came over for my graduation party, I got a few "you should do that" in "helpful hint" fashion.  Thanks for the tip, but according to a new book I'm referencing - written by someone I trust - I'm ahead of schedule anyway, so I'm good.  But in past years, I have neglected to make sure it was taken care of.  This year, it will get plenty of sun and enough water, even when I'm gone.  (Can you tell I'm a little resentful?)

4) Forgive everyone who, during the school year, made my life miserable, and pull myself together and get on with my life.
- It's over - no use crying over spilled milk.

5)  Catch up with nighttime.
- I don't know where it gets its stamina, but nighttime seems to get a head start before I even know we're racing.  I'm always tired, and it's making me irritable (like you couldn't tell, eh?).


The good news:  THIS will soon be MINE (...my own, my precious...) :

~Meggy

 
Funny movie - should watch - review coming... maybe

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, sorry! The Kissing Bandit. Very cute, amusing, and great actors and actresses.

      Delete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...