Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sick

Unlike some, who get the sniffles or a headache or just feel rather fatigued, I take being sick seriously.  When I get sick, I go all out - headache, swollen throat, fatigue, chills, achy muscles, the works.

Last night was miserable.  My achy limbs were restless but felt like jello - tense, quivering jello.  This morning was better except that my throat was so swollen I could hardly swallow.  Even now my voice comes out as a squeaky whisper.

It's kinda funny how it came on.  Yesterday was great.  I felt fine, better than usual - except for a sore throat.  Not once did the word "tired" occur to me all day - and that's unusual.  I went to dance class and besides putting in incredible effort, things weren't as hard as they have been in my half-asleep state.  My dance teacher got out her Nutcracker music and we did a combination to Marzipan - and I loved it!  I've never tried so hard to dance in my life.

After I got home, I was half changing and half sitting at my desk in front of my computer.  I remember feeling my jaw and neck muscles get tight.  Shortly before five, I started to feel, well, bleh.  Within fifteen minutes, I was curled up on the couch, achy all over.  It was weird how fast it came on.

So now a question - cold or flu?

This happened to me three times last winter and I wondered about it then.  I don't remember the particular circumstances of those three times, but considering how fast it came on this time, I'm thinking that maybe its the flu.  What do you think?

(Have you ever seen the 1970s TV show 'Emergency!'?  In this clip above, Donald O'Connor does a Johnny Gage moment - see if you can find the expression that I mean.  My sister says it's because he's got food in his mouth. ;)  )

~Meggy

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I hope you feel better soon!

    If it's flu, you'll have it for over a week, probably. If it's less than that it's probably just a regular cold.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...