Monday, November 21, 2011

Donald and Donna


Isn't that just the cutest thing?  I just had to show you!

If you'd like me to post the rest of the Colgate Comedy Hour episode for you, let me know.  Most of it is pretty funny.  Otherwise it's pretty easy to find on YouTube, and the part number is in the name.

Did you know? -
According to IMDb, Donald O'Connor's full name was Donald David Dixon Ronald O'Connor.
Donna Gwen O'Connor was named after her father and O'Connor's first wife Gwen Carter.
Donald O'Connor was supposed to star opposite Bing Crosby in 'White Christmas' but got pneumonia.
The little redhead Cosmo talks to at RF's party in 'Singing in the Rain' was his wife at the time.

Here's another funny clip I hope you'll enjoy:
I love Donald's song about the stars and the moon!  lol

And here's a clip from a movie in which Donald plays a genius actuary.  It's quite hysterical, and I recommend it if for its amusement alone, for its storyline lacks somewhat.  But it would not be a total waste of time, especially if you think Donald O'Connor is one of the most talented and handsome men ever to grace the screen.  If you don't think that, then, well, you might enjoy it anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing 'Mister Big', if anyone ever uploads it to their channel.  I haven't seen 'I Love Melvin' yet because I suspect that Mom got it for me for Christmas so I've vowed to wait.  (If I don't get it, I'm going to be in quite a mood.)  I've seen quite a few movies lately in my spare time, if you're interested in reading a review on each one.

In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving!

~Meggy





*Correction:  Donald didn't get pneumonia, he got something called Q fever, which is transmitted by ticks usually carried by cattle.  He either got it from Francis the Talking Mule or one of his stand-ins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...