Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hey-lo and a happy Thanksgiving

Hello all you fans, just wanted to know if I already told you that I've been accepted at Franciscan University of Steubenville, but I'm fairly certain I haven't told you yet.  Well, anyway, I have been and I'm very excited.  I'm saving up like mad so I can pay for dance lessons while I'm there.  There's a great looking studio ten minutes from campus, I just have to figure out how to get there.  Should be fun, I'm looking forward to it.

Right now I ought to be making a pie or cutting out a cape, but I've spent so little fun time on here that I thought I'd take a minute.  I'm wondering if this "only factual posts" thing is reflecting on my traffic or if that's just a coincidence.  The number of page viewings has skyrocketed, but my comments have slowed to a halt.  Strangely, however, the traffic doesn't appear to have anything to do with all the new movie reviews I've been spitting out.  At least, they don't nearly have the highest ratings.

On a totally different subject, my dance teacher got a new kitten.  It's absolutely tiny - you know the type - and is the softest thing you've ever felt.  It's part mancoon cat - which is apparently actually maine coon - and is black with big blue eyes.  Loves to be cuddled, but doesn't like pointe shoes.

So I hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving.  My singing is coming along quite well and I'm very thankful for that.  I'm also thankful for people like Donald O'Connor, Gloria Jean, Peggy Ryan, Bing Crosby, Mitzi Gaynor, etc.  But I'm also thankful for my family and friends.  I'm thankful for music and movies, food and clothing, compliments and critique, pets and wild animals, patience and Adoration, imagination and creativity, diversity and uniqueness.  I'm thankful for my own personality, the way I'm different from most people, and even for the way it sort of estranges me from them.  I'm thankful for the way I am and for the things I like.

A few last things: are you interested in the Donald O'Connor things I have to share? is the current layout of my blog too distracting or complicated? have I shown any interests that you share and would like to hear more about?

My regards,
~Meggy

4 comments:

  1. Hi Meggy!
    I've been reading your blog and really enjoying it! and now you have me on a Donald O'Connor kick also, I had always loved him in "Singin' in the Rain" and from you I found out about "Anything Goes" which I really enjoyed! That second video that you posted (the one with him in it) what movie is that from?
    Anyways I always enjoy reading your blog!
    God Bless, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Double Crossbones, which is actually available through Netflix! But you can look up 'docroa', 'docrob', 'docroc', etc (the last letter changes in order). Or I can post it in order if you like! Don't you think he's terribly dashing with a goatee and mustache?

    btw, do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I think I'll try and find it now on Netflix (I am quite excited now)! Yes, terribly dashing :)

    Yes, I do, my blog is 'Meaningful Words' I think you might actually be following it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I guess I am! Sorry, I guess I lost track of who I'm following and who I'm not yet....

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...