Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mrs. Rabbit's Musings: Sir Ken Robinson

Mrs. Rabbit's Musings: Sir Ken Robinson: "Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality." -Beatrix Potter  If you home school, and ...

_____

I love this entry.  I think Sir Robinson says it just right.  The last year that I attended St. Joseph School, at the closing ceremony, they laid off what seemed to be half the teachers - and this was not a big school.  One of these teachers was the art and music teacher.

As a student who loves to learn, to study, and improve my mind through reading, I see infinite value in sitting and studying.  As a dancer, singer, and artist, I also see infinite value in learning so-called extra-curricular activities.  The more global the mind, the greater the potential for a diverse range of possibilities, and the wider the perspective.

One of my dreams is to involve my own kids, one day, in dance and drama and music, but also have them become very familiar with good literature and efficient with math and interactive with science, and so on, as far as their individual talents will allow.  I believe we all have untapped potential when we don't work in all of these areas.

~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...