Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Uh, lots of stuff? (pirates, misery, corpses, and "moore")

So, uh, I didn't mention it at the time, but I was feeling really miserable this weekend.  Saturday was the worst, and then I rallied myself for the folk group and my grandparent's visit on Sunday.  I went out in the rain and planted some potatoes, but though my thoughts were a little unclear and I was worn out, I was agreeable.  Yesterday was rainy and foggy and I felt kinda lousy and I just wanted to stay home, but I had a mandatory pointe class.  Well, I dragged myself over there, hid a piece of gum in my cheek, and got through the class with surprising success.  My teacher (granted she is rarely paying me much attention lately) only asked after me once and didn't press me so I must have been putting up the act pretty well.

But as can be expected after all that and a rotten night's sleep, I feel under the weather again today.  Then I made dinner and bleh.  Boy, am I tired!

Good news though!  I took my last American Government test!  I just have a paper to finish and that should be a cinch (a cinch to finish, not a cinch to get a good grade).



I also wasted a lot of time today.  Did you see 'On Stranger Tides', the Pirates of the Caribbean movie?  I didn't, and for two reasons: I doubted that it would be an amazing film and it looked rather adult-ish and my parents would never let me bring it in the house.  And I certainly have no business going alone to the theaters.  But for some reason, I was discussing the first three movies with my siblings and my brother and sister disagreed on a point about one of the movies.  When we got home, I went on an exhaustive and exhausting search to find a clip on YouTube.  I finally found it and suddenly found myself wasting an hour or two watching funny Jack Sparrow - oh, sorry, Captain Jack Sparrow moments.  During that time, I watched a lot of fourth movie clips.  I always knew that I would see it at least once - for closure reasons, you know....  But now I kinda really want to.  I don't expect it to be the epitome of great film, but I was just wondering if any of my readers had seen it and if they had anything to say about it.

(Good!  I kin go like this.)

After I finished my test, I felt I was entitled to a reward so I watched an episode I'd found before of the Mary Tyler Moore Show - with Ted Bessell!  I knew that Ann Marie's boyfriend had kissed Mary on the MTM show because I had seen a very brief clip of it.  It felt so wrong!  Now, watching the whole episode - ewwwwwwwww.  My word.  Don Hollinger is not that man.  Yes, I know, he's only an actor, but I'm a wee bit naive, okay?  It was just plain wrong all over.  Even so, I grew to like him in this new role.

(Plus see "One Boyfriend Too Many")
(Btw, I like "Rhoda" better than the Mary Tyler Moore Show".  Just thought I'd mention that.)

Well, well, what else is up in my life?  Well, 'That Girl' moved from nine-thirty at night to eight in the morning, while I'm at daily Mass.  Well, you can bet your life I'm not ditching Mass I'll have you know!  But I can get 'That Girl' through Netflix so....  Plus now I don't have to stay up until ten to watch it.  (Now I can stay up until ten doing other things.... ;P )

Can I say more?

...Yes.  But I won't.  MTM show just started, and sick as I am, I feel like watching it.  ...Savvy?  X)

Luv y'all and etc.
~Meggy


(Love this duet)

4 comments:

  1. Pirates of the Caribbean. Mmmm, who doesn't love witty Captain Jack Sparrow?

    I've seen the fourth movie (twice actually). I felt it was rather anti-Catholic (if you see it you'll know why). At some points I just couldn't help wondering, "Was it REALLY necessary to put that in the film?"

    I'm not sure if you've ever heard of the website called "Plugged In", but they give wonderful movie, music, etc. reviews from a Christian perspective. They name practically everything (even down the the misuse of Our Lord's name). I strongly encourage checking them out!

    ~Rose M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of it and I think I've used it once or twice in the past, but sometimes Christian reviews tend to be one sided or not good enough. Don't know why! that's just my experience. (From the clips I've seen, I may know what you mean, and that's too bad. Why is it that Hollywood can't make a movie like that without being profane and so on?)

      Delete
    2. Yes, true. Sometimes I feel that they don't warn you enough, and sometimes I feel they overdo it. I'd rather the latter, however, (pleasant surpise). Their teen movie night suggestions, though - very good!

      Yes, yes, YES! It's all so very irritating. A common and irksome flaw is that the first movie in a series is fine, though perhaps for a slightly older audience (such as Pirates of the Caribbean), and then they ruin it in the following movies- the 4th, for example (all I can say is: wow). Time and time again. Oh, well. :)

      ~Rose M.

      Delete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...