Friday, April 13, 2012

Tag, you're it!

  1. It is imperative that these rules be plainly visible to all who can see and will see your blog. Therefore, post them at the top.
  2. Because random facts about people tend to captivate interest, post 11 personal and insignificant facts about yourself. 
  3. Answer your friend/acquaintance/fellow wanderer's 11 questions as well and as fully as you are able.
  4. Ask 11 more questions on hopefully philosophical orotherwise thoughtful subjects.
  5. Find 11 more  friends/acquaintances/fellow wanderers to tag--gently, please. 
  6. Go to their blogs and inform them of the happy fact that they are now Officially Tagged and Must Do Your Bidding.
Okay I got tagged again.  Do I mind?  Nope!  Although the keeper of time is probably getting frustrated 'cuz he keeps lending me time and I keep wasting it.  I hope you like to read these things, 'cuz we all know how fun it is to talk about yourself!  Well, first, eleven personal but insignificant things about myself.


1.  My hair is close to the color of this fox.  This is its actual color according to the camera on my computer.






2.  My eyes are often mistaken as brown these days, but they used to seem to change color.  They are actually hazel.
3.  I wish I was a truly "accomplished" young lady.
4.  If music is playing, I'm either playing, singing to it, or dancing to it.  When music isn't playing, I'm usually thinking of a song in my head while I'm working.
5.  I sometimes wonder if I'll ever finish my novel.
6.  I sometimes wonder if I'll ever finish senior year.
7.  Words mean a lot to me.  Don't insult me because I will be deeply hurt, and even after we've made up, I never forget it.
8.  I love knitted tops - unfortunately, they can't go in the dryer.
9.  After I grow my hair down really long, I plan to cut it super short and donate it.
10.  My big goal is to raise and home school a large family on a farm, maybe here in my small, rural town - which already has extensive farm acreage, some of which isn't used.
11.  I have sometimes thought that if my husband dies before I do, I will definitely contemplate religious life again.  (12.  Right now, I'm pretty sure that's not my calling.)

Okay, insignificant facts?  Mmm, maybe not.  But nothing I don't feel comfortable telling you.

Now for Rosamund's questions (from A Wanderer in the Shadowed Lands - see the blog list in my sidebar)

1.  The last book I read was probably "Out of the Silent Planet" by C.S. Lewis, which I read for school but loved!  Or perhaps it was that magic glass book by Diana Wynne Jones, which I recently finished reading to my sister.

2.  What is the best method of transportation?  Gee, do I have to pick one?  First of all, walking is fun but not efficient or ideal (at least where I live), riding a bike is fun but not safe (where I live the roads are not ideal for cars and pedestrians), and driving a car is awesome but I feel so cut off from the world - unless I'm driving my dad's precious sport's car convertible.  And motorcycles are, yes, romantic. (LOL ;))  Then again, walking is the most frequently used type of transportation.  But if I had to travel a decent distance and was given the choice, I'd probably pick a horse-drawn carriage or, ideally, just a horse!

3.  Top three modernish authors - uh, not in order, Regina Doman, um Robin McKinley?, and perhaps Diana Wynne Jones?  Actually, C.S. Lewis is in there too, if that counts as modern.  Do you mean modern style or modern times?  And G.K. Chesterton?  Okay, okay, the first three are fairytale authors.  Lewis, Chesterton, and Tolkien are just awesome - although I couldn't read Tolkien when I tried.
Top three classic writers, eh?  Well, I'll have to get back to you on that....  I like this and that from different authors.

4.  Well, are you talking movie wise or book wise?  I'm told that Sam wasn't as mean as in the book.  Either way, I'm not sure how I'd treat Gollum.  Probably more like Sam than Frodo.  But not exactly - I'm not as zealous and intensely loyal as Sam I think.

5.  The best thing about where I live:  It is quiet and diverse but not too much so.  There are lots of seemingly hidden corners to explore.

6.  Two most read books of the Bible?  (*clearsthroat*)  Uh, the letters of Saint John?  I don't think I've ever read anything all the way through more than once.  But if you don't care about whether I've gotten through the whole thing, then I probably look through the books of Saint John and the books of Jeremiah the most.

7.  The book I have read the most is possibly Boston Jane or Howl's Moving Castle.  Possibly Dragon Rider.  If manga counts, then definitely Lovely Complex.  But yeah, that doesn't really count.

8.  I guess I blog because there are so few people in my regular world who agree with me or have the same interests.  It is refreshing to share common interests and values.

9.  If I could rewrite a book, it would be my own - Molly's Magic.  I would fix every darn imperfection and then I'd get one copy of it in hardbound form to put on my shelf and admire.  But otherwise, I would probably rewrite something like "The Forest of Hands and Teeth" or whatever that was called.  And it a little less depressing and pessimistic.  Ghastly, truly ghastly.

10.  Of course, I have to say that the brightest moment of my week is daily Mass or Adoration - and it's true because they keep me strong.  But other than that, seeing my god-brother Samwise (nickname) might also be the brightest moment of my week.  I love him so much and he loves me.  We are best buds (he's two) and he likes to be with me.  We played with Hess cars the other evening, and those things zoom across the hardwood pretty well.  Then he asked for a paper cup, sat in my lap, and asked for some of the sparkling water I was drinking.  I figured if I just gave him a sip, he wouldn't want any anymore, so I gave him a little.  He took a sip, went into convulsions, and drank more.  "I like it!" he slurred.  Oh jeez, little man, you're so cute!

11.  Ah, the last is always the biggest.  My deepest fear:  In order to answer this question, I have to be a little personal.  My deepest fear isn't exactly material.  It isn't of snakes, the monsters under the bed, the dark, heights, or even spiders (I do sorta fear spiders).  My deepest fear is being completely stripped of my security.  I fear losing all I believe in, being abandoned and/or hated by those that mean the most to me, being scorned by those I look up to, and having my walls torn down and my very weakest self being exposed.  I really fear Hell.  Fortunately, the recent religious holiday gives cause for hope!




Well, that's enough about me.  Now it's your turn.

1.  Would you trade your siblings (or other relative) for anything in the world?  (I invite you to be creative. XP)
2.  If you could spend a day as another animal, what would it be and why?
3.  When you were picking a name for your blog, what were some of your ideas, and did you type them into Google to see if someone else had used it?
4.  Did you ever get caught lying?
5.  Try to picture yourself ten years from now.  What will have changed?  What do you hope for by then?
6.  If you were to lie on the couch and stare up at the ceiling, what do you think would be the first thing to come to mind?
7.  What is one thing that, more than once, you have longed to do?
8.  Who is your favorite character from Lord of the Rings?  Why?
9.  If you had been given the choice of periods in history, which one would you pick to be born in?
10.  If you could change one thing about your country, what would it be?
11.  If you had been betrothed from birth to someone you don't know, would you marry him anyway?

And while we're playing this game of tag, I look around and I narrow in on:

Nessima at Arda Nessimava (but she's gone for a while)
Constance at Laudate Dominum
WinterRose at Soaring High
Any of the members of ASA at ASA Productions (although it's not a blog, so they don't have to tag anyone)
And I'll tag Rosamund back as pay back for wasting two hours of my day - got ya!

Well, have fun, ya'll
~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...