Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Titheneth Bio

I once found a lamb caught in a blackberry bush.  It was far from any herd.  Gently, respecting both bush and animal, I peeled the two apart.  Disentangling the frantic lamb took many hours of patience.  The lamb was scared and appeared to be abandoned.  He quickly bonded to me and I carried him to my home.

Using careful, healing techniques that I learned from my father, I cleaned him and soothed his injuries.  His hunger soon grew and I took him to a pasture of lost and wounded sheep, introducing him to one of the dams.  She did not understand what I hoped at first, but when he began to bleat pitifully, her maternal instincts told her what to do.

For a fortnight, he would not be long anywhere without my presence.  I spent long hours in the pasture with him, letting him familiarize his surroundings.  He looked on me almost as his foster mother, and he didn't understand when I was unable to satisfy him.  He became very upset when the dam wandered too far from me.

Finally, his affection hooked to the dam like a pot on a crane.  He began to wander further away from me.  He hardly seemed to notice me until I stood and left him, wherein I always found him trotting by my side.

One day, he wandered to the pasture himself and must have slipped under the fence.  He is now fully grown and has a family all his own.  He hardly favors me above others anymore, but he is an independent ram now.

Titheneth


What is this?

1 comment:

  1. At first I thought this was a personal autobiography, Meggy! *hee hee* Lovely scrap, though!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...