Monday, August 5, 2013

What will "Marcmire" mean for...?

What's the significance of Marcmire?  Well, part of that is very secret.  But part of it is easy to explain.  It actually comes from a book I'm writing.  The protagonist leaves Normurland for Marcmire partway through the book and it's there that she finds herself.  And I find this blog and that place to be strikingly similar in purpose, meaning, and design.  Hence, Marcmire.


It also means that I have to finish the book.  How could I not, now that I'm using the name, eh?  I almost feel that if I don't finish the book, the name would lose its substance.

So Marcmire.
Meggy of Marcmire.  I kinda like it.

The name is not without its traps, and perhaps before long I will regret the name change.  But as long as my blog is not mainstream and it is the "online book of me," its title may as well reflect me until I can find one that means the very heart of myself.

~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...