Thursday, August 8, 2013

Doctor Who Tag, IV

Click HERE to visit the original tag at Climbing the Alpine Path.

Day Four

Favorite episodes and favorite scenes/moments

The first episode that comes to mind is one that I watched recently (or rather heard – my sister was watching it in the backseat):
Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead – it's well done on many counts.  It's mysterious, River Song remarkably resembles the character that she develops into, it's written well, and the acting is superb.  That isn't to say that it's perfect… but it's not bad.

The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe – One of my absolute favorites.  Every time I sit down to see it, I figure that I've got everything I can get out of it already, so sit tight for this again.  But it never leaves me feeling that way.  It's too cute.

When the Doctor and Martha find out about the Face of Bo is another one of my favorite moments, simply because it made him so much more important.  Suddenly he was more than… well, what he was.  I loved who that character was.

I also really loved some of the quirkier Christopher Eccleston moments.  Such as his dancing in "The End of the World," and his "I can dance!  I can dance!" as well as many moments in "The Empty Child."  "The Empty Child" is also one of my favorite episodes.

Banríon An Gheimhridh named many episodes that are on my list as well; she really exhausted herself on this list!  I can't say I'm going to do the same, but check out hers!

~Meggy

2 comments:

  1. Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead are really great episodes! I think it's so cool that River resembled the character she would develop into, as you pointed out. She has a very complicated and interesting timeline, though quite confusing as well.

    The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe was a really unique and visually enchanting episode with the snowy forest. I thought it was very imaginative and I loved how enthusiastic the Doctor was about Christmas. XD I kind of felt like a little kid again while watching that episode, it was so creative. It also dealt with some powerful themes, like death (and how people deal with it), hope, and the bond of family, which I liked.

    I laughed a lot when Nine did that little dance in The End of the World. He has some really funny moments. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I forgot that episode where Cassandra comes back! It's been too long since I watched it so I can't say if its a favorite, but I remember there were plenty of charming moments.

      Delete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...