Monday, August 19, 2013

Doctor Who Tag, V

Click HERE to visit the original tag at Climbing the Alpine Path.


Day Five

Least favorite episodes

Asylum of the Daleks
Hated this episode.  I thought Rory was a bit out of character with how he was handling the divorce, Amy's reason was stupid, and duh Rory loves her more!!  …And the Daleks are making less and less sense these days….

Night Terrors
This episode was just weird.  Although it had a cute family message in the end, the episode was just a little off.  For one, it was better suited for an episode where the Doctor is traveling on his own.  Amy and Rory were kind of unnecessary.  I was that kid who imagined her own world because she felt alone – so that premise fascinated me, but the episode was weird.  It was just weird.

There are so many episodes that I disliked for one reason or another, and it's hard to narrow it down and just talk about the ones that I honestly didn't like all over.

Voyage of the Damned
To be fair, I've only seen this episode once, and I was trying to introduce a friend to the show at the time, so I was disappointed that her first episode wasn't better.  But my memory tells me that tons of people died dramatically, unnecessarily, and seemingly just because the writers wanted it to be sad and for the Doctor to be devastated.

Amy's Choice
There's nothing wrong with this, per se, I just didn't really enjoy it.  It was trying to pit Rory and the Doctor against each other, and yet it wasn't trying to do that, and it was trying to say that if the Doctor was not on the side of the angels (if I may borrow that line from Sherlock) he would be like this dream dude, and the conflict between what Amy wanted and what Rory wanted was pushed but not opened.  It was like a bunch of issues were touched on but not confronted or solved.


ALSO!  In the last installment, I forget to mention tons of Rory moments which are absolutely my favorite.  But I won't list them – just know, he's awesome.

~Meggy

1 comment:

  1. I can see why Rory seemed out of character to you. I thought the way he was acting seemed a bit strange too, but now that I look back on it, I think it was a front he was putting up to hide how he really felt about the divorce, and how he was really reacting to it all. I agree that Amy's reason for wanting to divorce him didn't make sense. I'm glad they got back together in the end!

    Yeah, Night Terrors was weird. The premise was creative, but all in all, it didn't really work.

    I haven't seen Voyage of the Damned yet. My Doctor Who marathon has ended for now, because the BBC pulled off all the episode that had been on You Tube and Dailymotion, so now I have to wait until I get to see more DW episodes. From what you've said, it doesn't seem like a particularly strong episode.

    I liked Amy's Choice, but you have a very good point about it not really handling any issues it alluded to.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...