Thursday, January 19, 2012

Video after video after video



I've been very sick all week and today is the first day I've been able to really set my mind on doing anything for a decent amount of time.  In consequence, I hung out on YouTube a lot.  All I had to do was click an icon and for the next ten minutes or so, all I had to do was watch.  I pretty much ran out of stuff after the first day, but I'm an imaginative girl and I found more.


I watched every Mary Tyler Moore episode available on YouTube (unfortunately, most of them had Sue Ann) and then I watched a little bit of Donald O'Connor (all of which I'd already seen), and I listened to some Anuna and Orla Fallon while I did a little studying (in my better moments), and I also looked around in the "movies" section on YouTube, looking up Cary Grant, Donald O'Connor, Danny Kaye, and finally Bing Crosby.  I found nothing particularly satisfying.  I wanted to watch 'Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House', but it was not available in that section.  But I knew I'd seen the first part of it on YouTube so I looked it up in the uploader videos and found it: Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.  I was kind of disappointed with the ending - it seemed to end rather abruptly.  Under Donald O'Connor, I only found 'Private Buckaroo' - I've seen it already and O'Connor plays a very minor role.  Under Bing Crosby were all the Road movies of course!  So I watched a few of them, although the one I wanted to see again was not free:




Did you know yesterday was Danny Kaye's birthday?  He died in 1987, but yesterday was still his birthday.  He has an interesting family and personal history if you're interested: IMDb.  And the day before that was evidently Betty White's 90th birthday - Me TV played three episodes of The Mary Tyler Moore Show with her in it instead of also playing The Dick Van Dyke Show and The Bob Newhart Show.  I wanted to see The Bob Newhart Show but at least they still played 'That Girl' - Ann and Don are so cute!  And what you see in the next video is pretty much all you can find on YouTube:

 


I also watched this next TV show while I was sick:



I love these songs:

 

That's Vera-Ellen with Danny Kaye in 'The Wonder Man'^  I've already posted the video in the past, haven't I?


I had no idea the Carpenters did this song!  But as much as I love the Carpenters, I like Donald and Ethel's version better.




Debbie Reynolds - cheeky little actress - was on this show at least four times!  Here are the others:




Although I didn't actually watch much of 'What's My Line?' while I was sick, I do love this show.  This one is hysterical:


Well, I could go on forever, but I know most of you probably won't watch more than a few of these.



So I'll stop now.  Enjoy please!
(Oh, and we finally have a few inches of show!)
~Meggy

Murray Ghosts for Ted
 
(Part One)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks all the video links!!
    Half of my family, including myself, is down with bronchitis. I've been looking for movies on YouTube to watch...
    Get well soon!!!
    God's blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, jeez, I hope you all get well soon! I'm feeling much better, thank you.



    (All my readers should be advised, if you don't already know, that The Mary Tyler Moore Show is what is sometimes referred to as a "nine o'clock show" - it's not always appropriate for younger folks.)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...