Monday, January 9, 2012

I Regret to Inform You This Post is Untitled

Hello, everybody, it's me, Meggy!  Let me go right on record and apologize for changing the look of my blog so often.  I think it goes against some unspoken rule to apologize to your readers, but I can't help but feeling like I'm really confusing and annoying.  Well, that may be true, and I wouldn't blame you if you felt that way.  That's just part of my personality.  I change things around the house all the time.  Luckily for all of you, part of my studies at college will be graphic and web design, so maybe I'll eventually design my own look which satisfies me 100% - but I humbly advise you not to hold your breath.

I'd also like to personally wish you a happy new year!  I don't have time right now to go into New Year's Resolutions and all that jazz, but I would like to post something about it soon.

Okay, what else did I want to say?  Hmm....

Well, once again, Raindrops and Moonlight has some absolutely gorgeous songs for us from her "Song Saturday" - go take a gander!

But that wasn't all I wanted to say!  What was it???

Well, this wasn't it and I don't have much time but I would like to quickly tell you about this:

We had an Epiphany party on Saturday night.  It was so much fun!  We had an "open house" from 4 to who-knows-when, and my music teacher and her husband brought music books and a guitar.  Awfully presumptuous of them but they were not resented!  After dinner, I started up my radio, new iPod nano in its slot, and played the cut and edited version I made of 'Pocketful of Dreams' sung by Bing Crosby, Fred McMurray, and - you may have guessed it - Donald O'Connor (when he was about ten or twelve), joined by my sisters and me.  That got everyone's attention.  Then I picked up my guitar and sang O Holy Night.  Then I surrendered the floor to my piano student Briana and her older sister Adriana, who is a guitar student of my music teacher.  Together, they played We Three Kings, and then Briana played Jolly Old Saint Nicolas and Go Tell It On the Mountain.  Then my sister and I sang the first verse of 'The Turntable Song' and then we got everyone involved in 'All God's Creatures'.




After that, my music teacher sat at the piano and her husband played his guitar, and we sang sing-along Christmas songs.  It was very fun - and the first time I had ever wanted to perform, never mind arrange a recital.  I enjoyed it very much.

Ah, but can you tell I really want to get down to my school work?  No, I'm not convincing me either.  But one last word and then I must go: Top Man, starring Donald O'Connor, was uploaded by LoveTheOConnor (sorrowfulflower's new account) the other day.  I had trouble loading it but when I finally got it to work, I enjoyed it, even though the plot was not very solid.  I'm fairly certain it was one of the films they rushed into production when Donald O'Connor was drafted, so what can we expect?  Anyway, it's Donald O'Connor!  Who cares about plot?  So if anyone is interested, you can find it by clicking here.

And now I really must go.  TTFN -
~Meggy




An Hour or so Later: 
Oh! I remember what it was!  I'm having trouble with profile pictures lately.  I've tried pictures from my computer folders and from Picasa and O'Connor pictures from the Internet, and it's still showing up as an exclamation point on other blogs.  Anyone know what's going on?  Plus my profile picture in chat isn't showing up on my gmail page, but it does on my iGoogle page.  My sister told me my picture wasn't visible to her, but I messed with it and I don't know if that's still true.  And when it was working, why was there a Google symbol on it???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...