Monday, December 5, 2011

Monthly Movie Monday

This month is all about Christmas!  Be the first to identify the following lines and you win!
(Prize to be determined at a later date.)

1.  "Bumbles bounce!'

2.  "Isn't it wonderful?  I'm going to jail!"

3.  "He took the roast beast!"

4.  "Just a street - any street!"

5.  "_____, if you're ever under a falling building and someone offers to pick you up and carry you to safety, don't think, don't pause, don't hesitate for a moment, just spit in his eye."

Of course, I'm the final judge and only my answer counts as the real one, unless you can prove it was in another movie.  Even if you don't know them all, go for it!

~Meggy
"You're not exactly Superman but you're awfully available."
  - Vera-Ellen as Betty Haynes, 'White Christmas'




____________________________________________________________
Congratulations to Mandi, the winner!



5 comments:

  1. #2 - It's a Wonderful Life? (totally not sure about that one...)
    #3 - The Grinch that Stole Christmas.
    #5 - I THINK this one's White Christmas. Gosh, I haven't seen any Christmas movies in such a long time, I'm forgetting everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Ruldoloh, the Red-Nosed Reigndeer. (Since I think there are other movies by that name, the one with Burl Ives narrating.)

    2. It's A Wonderful Life.

    3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

    4. Some version of A Christmas Carol. I forget which one.

    5. White Christmas.

    These movies are some of the best movies ever made, especially It's A Wonderful Life and White Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoroia: You're quite right! #1 is a movie I rarely see but it's played unfailingly on TV every year. #4 is kind of a scary movie - but that's all I'm saying!

    Mandi, you're right! George C. Scott plays a fantastic Mr. Scrooge in the 1984 'A Christmas Carol' that I'm thinking of. The Ghost of Christmas Present (played by Edward Woodward) says #4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe this is the first time I've seen 'White Christmas'? My parents were swearing up and down that we'd seen it before, but I didn't recognize a thing throughout the whole movie. Maybe it was when we were all really little, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Mandi, you're the winner! And the prize has just come in -

    *see picture now in the post above*

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...