Tuesday, December 20, 2011

God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen



I confess myself surprised that today is the 20th.  How can Christmas be but a mere five days away?  I have a gift for my brother and my youngest sister - what about everybody else?  And where's the snow?  There isn't a flake.  Where's the excitement and expectation?  I have reason to be excited, to be sure.

 

Ah, friends, what can I say?  I have nothing to say.  I'm as blank as new sheet of paper.  Have you ever had a staring contest with a blank piece of paper?  I have, and you ought to try it sometime.  You may surprise yourself.  Writers probably know what I'm talking about.  You pick up the pen, dripping with ink, and you know that in a moment the page is going to be smudged and scribbled all over.  Yet it holds a mystical power, as it stands in its blankness.

 
Well, that's pretty much all I have to say except that I'm enjoying myself.  And I don't even have that to say.  I'm antsy - that I will say.  I'm tired, impatient, and I just want everyone to get along.  Get along, darn you!  I'm especially annoyed with the lack of good manners I'm, for some reason, becoming increasingly aware of.  Music in the car playing over conversations, constant mumbling and noise making at the dinner table, and dirty looks from kids who should know better.  Good etiquette on the part of other people lets me know exactly how I should behave.  It puts me at ease.

But this isn't all about me - oh, wait - it is!  It's funny how self-centered blogs are, how self-centered they can become.  Well, as I rant on and on, typing only because it saves me from actually doing something, you're bored silly and have no idea why I'm rambling on.  Well, I can't tell you, only have a very merry Christmas, to you and yours from me and mine.

 



If you can spare the time, please enjoy these videos - perhaps while you're knitting or baking or wrapping,
~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...