Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1st

Well, for a moment, it looked like I was going to recover.  But I'm a quack doctor and prescribed looking after three small children and then staying up late.  You can imagine the results.  Ah well.  If this illness made me miss my ballet class, it had better keep me on the couch a little longer anyway.  ;)

More to the point, it's the first day of December!  How's the new form of the Mass coming for y'all?  I like it, personally, because I have to reexamine the meaning of what we believe.  There's a lot there that I knew we believed but I didn't even realize was being stated in Mass!

I'm glad it's December.  And it came in with a proper temperature - about 5 degrees Celcius, 40 degrees Fahrenheit.  The last few days have been warmer - which is fine, but it's Christmas season for goodness sake!  We need freezing temperatures and snow.  But this is New England - ay, the good ol' northeast of the US - and the weather is completely unpredictable.  We had snow just long enough for Halloween, my little most-unpredictable-town-in-NE had a wee bit of snow for Thanksgiving, and now we're counting on the weather to stick to its pattern and give us some for Christmas.  We'll see what happens!

I just wanted to have some fun here this morning - don't mind me.  It'd be interesting to know how many people read through this post though.

Well, what do you think?  Could it be Christmas without Bing Crosby?

(Whoever put those poor kids en pointe oughta be hanged!  They do a fair job, considering, but those kids will have been destroyed before they got through their teenage years.  Well, anyway... what would this movie have been like with Fred Astaire, do you think?)

Determined to find the Christmas spirit,
~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...