Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Planning lesson plans for funzies


So about a week ago, I posted about my struggles with weakness/shyness/whatever you want to call it.  And I have to say, I think focusing instead on areas of strength has really helped me.  It gives me a stronger impression of myself, convincing my brain that: "Hey!  You can do this!"

Other than that… I haven't much to say.  I haven't had much time for writing :( and I haven't done much of anything else.  I have to get back on that.

On the other hand, I finished A Return to Modesty: Discovering the Lost Virtue by Wendy Shalit (which you can get on Amazon for a cent right now).  It was a fascinating book, if a little hard to follow at times.  I think I'd like to read through it again, now that I've seen the whole, and discuss it further with my boyfriend.  I didn't necessarily agree with everything she said, and I thought she simplified the issue occasionally, but I thought it was a very interesting read.

I'm also making progress on The Divine Comedy, which is part of #4 on my to-do list.  It's a lot to read.  I also read a page or two more of Anna Karenina… but haven't made much progress there.

I also haven't planned a book club, and I think I'd like to try to design a lesson plan for kindergarten!  Since I'd like to homeschool, I think it'll be a lot of fun to design my own curriculum.  All things at their best, I'll design the literature classes and my (future) husband will design the theology and science classes (although I'm not ignorant when it comes to theology.  I think I'd like to help out there).  As for the other subjects, I'd probably use standard books for math, but I know I want my children to learn their family history and then their state and country history first.  It's something they can associate themselves with, after all, and field trips are easy.  Music, art, and gym I can do myself while they're young (to some extent).  I want to teach them some basic Latin right off, since it's what I know, and then they can learn whatever language they prefer.  Again, if it is as I hope it will be, my (future) husband can teach them German.

Anyway, I think it'll be fun.  The department I work for involves online classes, and I'm inspired by professors talking about how they want to design their courses.  Perhaps someday, off in the future, I'll be able to do that too.

~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...