Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hey, should I? Do you think? Mayhap perchance?

I recently wrote a new post for my "professional" blog, if you will, that was passionate and heartfelt.  I titled it "America Needs a Mending."  It's kind of a play on words - maybe you can figure out why.

Lately, I've been getting it into my head to become a professional blogger.  What does that mean?  Good question.  I don't know.  I was looking at Iris Hanlin's blog and I was so darn impressed.  I don't think she's earning any money doing what she does but she's good at what she does.  I suppose to get started on my goal, I'd start off following her example.  Maybe I'll try some kind of vlog.  Maybe I'll have themes.  Et cetera.  Et cetera. . . .

But there's so much I still don't know.  What to do. . . what to do. . . what to do with myself.  When I started Our Hearts Unhindered, I had in mind something like Matt Walsh's blog.  I'd like to just say that shortly after discovering Matt Walsh, I decided I greatly dislike him.  But now's not really the time to get into why.  Anyway, you may be able to tell that my Our Hearts Unhindered blog is modeled after his "blogging template," so to speak.  But 'tis boring.  'Tis not fun.  Any suggestions?

I broached this subject with my boyfriend recently, but the conversation was short-lived.  I had no idea what I had in mind and he doesn't discuss well if I can't define my terms.  He has a stricter scientific mind - which is good because that's ultimately what I need from him on this.  I need him to help me figure out what I want and how to get it.  But sometimes I don't realize that that's what I'm looking for and I don't go into the conversation with that in mind.  So I quickly dropped it, made a mental note to think more on it later, and we went on doing something else.

I'll probably bring it up with him again.  But do you have any suggestions?  I want to go on blogging like I do here, but better.  And I want to go on blogging like I do at Our Hearts Unhindered, but more better (and more attractive).  Is there a way I can combine them?

Gosh I'm hungry.  Good thing lunch is soon.

One thing I'm worried about is transparency.  In my blogs, I'm not transparent.  I've made an effort over the years to keep my blog secret from family and friends so that I could explore myself without shame, in a sense.  I've gone back and forth about even putting my picture in my profile.  And I've kept personal details strict on Our Hearts Unhindered.  It's succeeded, but it may be holding me back.

Do I need to start over?  Do I need to make a new blog that is a combination of all?  Do I revamp this one and just keep going?  I like that idea better, frankly: stop trying to be one thing and be all at once.  Don't hide the fun, don't segregate the serious.

Alright, that's all the time I have to write at the moment, unfortunately, but I'll keep thinking. . . and I hope to hear from you!  Clearly I need to sit down and really hash this out for myself. . . .

Thanks so much, guys
~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...