Friday, December 28, 2012

Facebook

Merry Christmas, y'all.  ....I guess I kind of want to apologize for my lack of enthusiasm – I was busy beforehand, and now I'm just tired.  Soooooooooo tired.  And sick.  Finally, after all the coughing going on around here, I've begun to feel miserable.  Oh, my spirits are high – that's one good thing.  And I just want to do something, but I'm too tired and weary.  All my body wants to do is eat or sleep, but I don't actually want to do either.  –In that complicated, restlessness way sickness has.

On another topic:
In a previous post, I mentioned that I am on Facebook now.  I like it a lot – it's handy for the little things you want to share with your friends.  But it's dangerous.  It can be addicting, and it can be disappointing.  I put things on Facebook because I'm bored and/or lonely.  But checking Facebook does not satisfy my need for attention.  It's not really interaction – it's like a bulletin board at the office.  It's much better to talk to your coworkers than to leave them bulletins.  I've come to really miss everybody I used to see every day – now they occasionally put something on Facebook and so I know that they're still alive and I smile when I read what they share.  But something is really missing in online interaction.

"Addiction to Likes" is not a theory.  Or a myth, or an exaggeration.  ....But that's all I'm saying on that matter. ;)

But I know that Facebook really helps to keep some people in touch – certain relatives have mentioned to me that they are grateful for my online presence because it makes them feel like they're still part of my life and I'm a part of theirs, while physically I'm miles away.

~Meggy

2 comments:

  1. I can really relate to what you said about feeling weak and unable to do things when you are sick. I hate that feeling! I also really relate to everything you said about Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facebook allows you to share little things that mean nothing with a whole slue of people who may or may not care – so if no one Likes or comments, you feel stupid. It's guaranteed to lower your self-esteem in as little as .5 seconds! ;)

      Delete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...