Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'm a GREAT!




Let me just say, first, that it is an honor to get this award – no, really, it is.  I couldn't help but wonder, lately, if I'm wasting my time; it's a common worry of mine.  But apparently not!  That's very reassuring.  So thank you, Rose M., for thinking of me.  "One of the Greats!"  Wow.  I'm scared now – how can I live up to this?

Well, anyway, here are the rules (as per Rose):


Rules...
  1. Copy & paste the award to your blog.
  2. Answer the questions given below (everyone answers the same questions every time).
  3. Award 1-5 bloggers who are some of your favorites, give a quick description of why you chose them, and let them know you tagged them!
  4. Edit: No tagging back!  :P


And the questions are:

Questions...

What are some of your tips for the background of blogs?  Layout, colors, etc.?

I would sum up my experience with blog design by just saying "keep trying."  Look at my blog, and if you like the design, well, good – then my advice is worth taking.  If it's just plain ugly today, check back in a month: it'll have probably changed by then.  Just don't be afraid to try something that appeals to you.  When I'm searching for something new, I'm usually drawn by something dark and mysterious and creative – sadly, that usually creates an unwelcoming blog (not the creative bit).  Experiment until you find out what works.

What are your favorite blog topics to write about?  Book reviews, baking, everyday life, sewing, etc.?

I really like to write about everyday life, when everyday life strikes me in such a way as is able to be written.  Often times, a blog post turns out to be nothing but a vent for something I am feeling but am afraid to share.  I also like to write reviews because it's fun telling the world my opinion like it's fact – and dressing it up with pictures.

What are some of your favorite blog topics to read?

I love to read blog topics about life – just random stuff all jumbled together, usually with a point (even if said point is hard to point at with a pin).  However, if the post is too rambly and does not relate to my life whatsoever, I get bored fast.  And although the idea of putting down the minute details of the "while I'm typing this" (my outfit, the sounds I hear, the weather, my thoughts, what I'm reading, etc.) – although writing all that sounds fun and intrigues me, I'm frequently... bored out of my skull actually reading what someone else put down about all that stuff.  Maybe if the paragraphs were shorter???  Other people seem to like them....  :/

What is your biggest blogging tip for newbies?

Unless you go viral, you're safe.  Chances are, you can delete what you wrote a year ago and never see it again.  But don't assume that anyone is going to be hopping to read whatever the heck you have to say.  When they do start bouncing, that's when you have to get worried.  Just be careful what you put out there, because if you use your blog to be immature or if you treat it like twitter with more symbol space, you're not going to be very popular.  There's lots of stuff out there – turn them off and they're gone.  And whatever you do, don't make your readers jump through hoops.

Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging because I was alone in the world.  I didn't make friends very well because I'm under-presumptuous.  I'm also a writer – words are my bread and butter.  So a lonely writer has to write!  And when you get bored of keeping everything to yourself, you go WWW, as we all know (and can see every day with the popularity of YouTube).



As for awarding it, I have some ideas:


  • I'm sure this will be very unoriginal, but I'm going to award Rose M. at The Golden Road.  I do love your blog, and I love your "artsy-ness" – we seem to share artistic taste.  So, if I haven't already, I'd also like to bestow upon you: 

Go here for the rules if you wish, or just take it and run.  ;)
  • Elestyn at Soaring High: Although you haven't been too active lately, I remember I always used to enjoy your blog.  You like beautiful music, pictures, and movies – I loved just looking at your blog – and the design is so simple but so lovely.

Okay, that's all I've got.  I didn't want to award anyone who has already been awarded and I didn't want to give it away without serious thought (thank you, Rose, for allowing 1 to 5 instead of a finite number).  Have fun, everyone!

~Meggy

1 comment:

  1. Haha, thank you for tagging me. I *should* have made a no-tag-back rule. But, that's no fun. :) I actually have come into contact with the artsy award many times before (that is one of the reasons I created a new one), but all the same, thanks bunches- it's very encouraging

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...