Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Music Recital

So when you're doing a performance, there's the pre-butterflies and then there's the post-butterflies.  Well, I'm in the post.  See, afterwards, you think about the mistakes you made, and how it could've been better, and you wonder what everyone thought of your performance.  But, everyone I know complemented me, some said they were moved almost to tears, and my father's nostrils were flaring - good sign.  That's somewhat reassuring.  Even so, it wasn't my best, and I can't help but wonder what my fellow singing students thought.

But I will come back next time, bigger and better!  This is the song I sang:
I was thinking of singing this with my music teacher next time:
I heard this song the other day on my iPod and realized it would be perfect.  However, it was a little late to try for this recital, so maybe next time.  Anyway, my guitar solo went well.
Well, I've got plenty of things to do today to drown this wretched feeling. XP


(A huge, huge thank you goes out to Nathaniel.  I really appreciate the effort he put into this so he could sing it with me last night.  It was amazing - thank you so much!!!)

~Meggy

1 comment:

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...