Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Important - XP Antivirus

The razzberry - is it coincidental or deliberate?

Well, I don't know, but this malware masquerading as a antivirus program is really vicious.  If it had waited just a little longer to attack my sister's notebook, it never would have gotten to this stage.  By then I would have installed a real antivirus software on her computer.  But alas! it's too late for her.

But you still have time, my friends!  You can still protect yourself against this vicious attack of malware.

....Okay, all kidding aside, XP Antivirus is really bad.  It tells you constantly that you have dozens of viruses that you don't actually have.  It insists you buy it's stuff to save your computer.  It will manipulate your computer to keep you from doing things you want.  You will probably lose access to the Internet and it will be to late to do anything.....

Do something about it.  My computer course recommends Malwarebytes and I now have it on my computer.  It's free and it has detected and taken care of two viruses on my computer without payment or personal information.  Whatever you do, make sure your computer's security system is up to date and secure.  A simple firewall is not good enough!  You need something that scans your computer regularly and sends you updates - my parents have McAfee and it's been working for them.

Be informed!  Be protected!  A warning to the wary..........

~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...