Sunday, November 17, 2013

SPARKLES

Wow, life has been so busy!  So much has happened the last few weeks, I can hardly believe that I last visited over half a month ago!

For one thing, I "intented" to a Household here on campus (kind of like a sorority) and then I dropped my "intentship."  I went through a lot of drama with friends and got through it.  My grades rose and fell and rose and fell and… well, you get the picture.

A guy professed his interest for me to my best friend only a day or two after meeting me.  He is now my boyfriend.  [I actually mentioned that incident in this post.]  He is such a sweetheart, and a romantic.  I always regarded myself as a romantic in my head, but I'm far too cynical and shy for that – this guy far out-romances me.  But he's not showy or flamboyant.  And he respects me.  He values me and cherishes me, communication has been the foundation of our relationship, and we talked about a relationship long before we decided to date.  He was perfectly willing to wait for me to be ready.  We're studying abroad in consecutive semesters, which is going to suck, but I think we can do it.  He's just about a foot taller than me, and not at all my usual type – but so cute in other ways.  I trust him and I'm comfortable with him.  He's sweetly awkward and dorky; such a Southern gentleman.  I love watching him get so happy and excited over our developing relationship.  (His seldom-used nickname is Sparkles.)

And as the semester winds down and finals approach, I'm going to get really busy.  And Thanksgiving will pass; and Christmas will come; and New Years will chime – and this time, I'll have a boyfriend.

Sappy, I know, but hey, I have a boyfriend :)
~Meggy

2 comments:

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...