Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gregorian Chant

Gregorian chant can be seen, by many, as boring, which is not hard to understand.  Yet it is immensely spiritual and moves many to deep spiritual feeling.  It helps bring them to their knees in adoration.  It recently moved me to start reading the Bible again.

One very convenient thing about Gregorian chants is they can sometimes last for several minutes.  If you find one on YouTube, you can finish a whole chore, school subject, or whatever you choose to do before it is over.




One of my absolute favorite renditions of Catholic songs is this one (be advised: not for the weak stomached):


If you'd prefer not to see the above clip of Henry V (great movie), listen to the next video:


Ah, beautiful.  I also love the 'Te Deum' during the credits but I can't find it on YouTube.

What you can't do while completing a chore or subject is putting together a blog post.  ....I'll see y'all later.

Please enjoy!
~Meggy

3 comments:

  1. I love the Non Nobis Domine song! Have you ever gone to the Auriesville pilgrimage? Last year when we were debating on going(we ended up not going), we saw the 'Non Nobis Domine" song on their website. I guess they sing it on the pilgrimage... isn't that Awesome?

    Thanks for posting the other videos too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, sadly, I've never been on a pilgrimage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Gregorian chant is really beautiful, but I think people need to have a real appreciation for it in order to get the most out of it. I know that sometimes I get bored with it, but if I do it just as I awake, first thing in the morning, or with a Bible in hand, I have a greater appreciation for it in general.
    Thanks for this post! I am going to listen to some Gregorian chant soon!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...