Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Checking in

By my watch, it's 7:44 and 30 seconds.  Picture a redheaded girl in a living room, leaning against the back of the couch.  A little lace trimming is peeping out from the V-neck of her red and white striped knitted sweater.  Her worn jeans flare out over her thick two-inch heels, which are up against the worn coffee table.  Her hair is loose about her face, but strands are sloppily braided and held together in the back.  A white MacBook is on her lap, a green shoulder bag is leaning on a soft blue blanket in a heap beside her, and on either side of her is a literature book and a literature test, plus two CD cases and a couple remotes.  She's listening to Somewhere Over the Rainbow: The Golden Age of Hollywood Musicals, which is currently on Stranger in Paradise sung by the lovely couple of Ann Blythe and Vic Damone.  There is the slightly strained sound of lines from The Little Mermaid 3 coming from upstairs, and the lapping of her dog's tongue nearby as she licks herself.

If you picture all that, you'll get a pretty good view of me right now.  As you may have guessed from the evidence around me, I ought to be working on a literature test.  Things are so strange lately, and a wee bit frustrating.  I lost my voice on Monday morning and even now my voice is squeaky and unsteady at times.  I remind myself of Ann Marie from That Girl.  My sister thinks I sound like Miley Cyrus in Bolt.  I love to sing but I set even my own nerves on edge when I try.  How am I going to get from this back to soprano?  It seems impossible, but I know it isn't.  I was doing some strengthening exercises earlier - gently and carefully - and I got higher than I expected.  I guess I just have to be patient and wait for the infections, swelling, and pressure to go down.  There are some among my acquaintance - my music and dance teachers included - who would probably advise taking something or doing something to assist the process, but I have no problem letting things take their own course.

Yesterday morning, I was feeling a lot better, but I guess I was too spry because I soon felt exhausted and achy.  Nothing Pixar couldn't cure though - if you know what I mean.

So now it is 8:00.  The Mary Tyler Show is on, and so long as my sister and her friend stay upstairs, there's no reason why I can't watch it while I work on my literature test.

Just checking in.  A few other things I've been doing: knitting a scarf, hand-sewing a quilt, making soft pretzels from scratch, and setting plans for oven fried chicken.  My vegetables plants are so big lately - I'm so excited.  Skipped dance on Monday because I was feeling poorly so I can't wait until class tomorrow.  And I just remembered about my resolution to learn my prayers in Latin - so far I've got one.  lol  Well, maybe more soon....

Okay, no more procrastinating - I gtg.  I hope you found this interesting and that it finds you in the best of spirits.

TTFN ("T - I - double guh - er: that spells Tigger!")
~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...