Monday, December 16, 2013

Blank Christmas Home Cookies

I wish I had something to write here.  I truly do.  I truly, dupily do.  But my mind is a blank.  A fat ole blank.  Imagine a white sheet of paper, then take an eraser and shimmy it all over the paper, then take liquid white out and spill it out on the paper and spread it around, then crumple it up and throw it in a can of white paint, and when the paper dries – that's how blank my mind is.

As white as the foot of snow we have.

Mmm but Christmas is coming.  We have decorations up, and we're lighting our Advent wreath, and presents are beginning to stack up under the tree.  I know some people don't decorate their tree until Christmas Eve, which sounds like a lovely tradition but then you have a big ole ugly tree sitting in your house for weeks until Christmas Eve.  We decorate the tree as soon as we get it up.  What do you do?

It's funny being away at college and coming home to a slightly different atmosphere.  The dog and cat have gotten into bad habits.  I've been discovering that it has to do with their masters not being as firm with them as they maybe should be.  And, you know, with time, it's sometimes hard to see the hurt you do to others with your daily words and actions.  Some individuals, if not all, have perhaps slipped a little when it comes to that.  But on the other hand, my siblings have gotten older and matured.  I can talk to my baby sister like an adult now.  We went out shopping the other day and she was very helpful assisting me navigate complicated streets.  We had intelligent conversations.  It's nice to be home.

On a lighter note, my boyfriend sent me a great recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and I'm going to do some baking today in our oven.  Mmm yum yum yum.  What's better than cookies?

~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...