Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Eeyore

I… was going to write about something… but now I don't remember what.  Hmm.  Huh.  Befuddled.

Well!  Anyway, have you checked out my new blog yet?  I'd really appreciate it if you would!  And also, if you're on Facebook, follow the blog on Facebook!  I'm not exactly sure why… but I want to promote my new blog and make it something real.  I want to take my blogging to the next level.

I guess we'll see!

I suppose next time I'll talk about Franciscan households, intenting, and maybe post a vague reflection on a relationship that's finally crumbling around me.  Fun stuff.  Nothing you haven't already heard from me before.  But you'll want to read it anyway.  Because I'm just that awesome.  Yup.

Someone recently compared me to Eeyore.  I love it!  I'm totally like Eeyore!


"Eeyore, what are you doing there?" said Rabbit.
"I'll give you three guesses, Rabbit. Digging holes in the ground? Wrong. Leaping from branch to branch of a young oak tree? Wrong. Waiting for somebody to help me out of the river? Right. Give Rabbit time, and he'll always get the answer."
"But, Eeyore," said Pooh in distress, "what can we - I mean, how shall we - do you think if we -"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "One of those would be just the thing. Thank you, Pooh."

"I might have known," said Eeyore. "After all, one can't complain. I have my friends. Somebody spoke to me only yesterday. And was it last week or the week before that Rabbit bumped into me and said 'Bother!'. The Social Round. Always something going on."

Well.  Anyway.  I should be getting to bed about now….

Night all
~Meggy

4 comments:

  1. That quote about the Social Round is one of my favorite quotes ever. It perfectly describes what socializing has been like for me at certain periods of my life. :p

    Also, thanks for the reminder about following your new blog -- I thought I already had, but I hadn't. Now I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never much of a fan of Winnie-the-Pooh when I was a kid. All I was really aware of was the Disney version, which didn't really appeal to me at the time. If I had known about the books, perhaps I would have been more interested. I knew about the characters, though. I liked Kanga, Roo, Piglet, and Tigger. But I liked Eeyore most of all. He was always my favorite. :)

    I followed your new blog! Sorry I haven't been around as much. I've found myself busy worrying about school. My grandparents were visiting for a few weeks, plus I had to babysit multiple times, sometimes even two or three days in a row, so I've been swamped with stuff. o_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it! I've only been around long enough to post things – I haven't been keeping up with other bloggers at all! So I feel you. But I've been cracking down on my inefficiency and schedule lately, so hopefully that will change!

      Delete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...