Sunday, February 10, 2013

Right Now

Right now:


  • I'm listening to "Don't You Wanna Stay," which is a song I really don't like.  So now I'm listening to "Wide Open Spaces."



  • I'm studying Latin:
Parva et brevis sum.
I have no idea if that's right.  But whatever.
Parva sed fortis sum.
????????
I'm mixing adjectives and nouns here, hello?  Not sure if I'm allowed to do that....

  • I'm not studying Latin. Obviously.
  • I'm missing someone.
  • I'm lonely.
  • I'm bored.
  • I'm now listening to "All Your Life"
Yes, I'm listening to a country station.
  • I wish I was hanging with friends but I very much can't right now.
  • I've yet to go to Mass.  I hate going to Mass in the afternoon – but that's what you get for sleeping in.
  • I've got spring fever, and I can't wait to go home for the summer and dig up my garden again.  The pumpkins are going to be successful this year, no questions asked.  And so is everything else.  Last season, I failed miserably at a lot of it.  But it was fun anyway!
  • I'm very, very hungry, and I'm missing my momma's cooking.  I'm missing my cooking.
  • I'm glad to be here, but I'm missing Boston and the fresh air in my home town – the pines, the sugar houses, and the wood fires.


Have a great Sunday, guys.  Ash Wednesday is only a few days away!

~Meggy

4 comments:

  1. That Latin sounds fine to me... I'm short but small, I'm short but brave.

    I don't like going to Mass in the afternoon either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, okay, my intention was, "I'm short and small, I'm small but brave," but I'm sure that's what you meant.

      Going in the afternoon just feels weird on Sunday. I meant to go to an earlier Mass but was too slow getting ready. As it was, I was still late when I finally made it to Mass. Life happens.

      Delete
    2. I'm short and small; I'm small but brave: yeah, that should be it. Or you could say, "I am small, but what is more, brave." However, that isn't really very stylistic. So don't say that. (Yes, I'm talking to myself right now; self reprimandation as I think.)

      Mixing adjectives and nouns is awesome, especially when you add verbs and get real sentences! How long have you been learning the language?

      Delete
    3. I took it for three years in high school but I desperately needed a tutor or something. So now I'm taking it in college to get a better grasp on it.

      Delete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...