Monday, February 11, 2013

Ash Wednesday

Okay, I'm not going to actually talk much about Ash Wednesday.  I've probably written about it before, and if you scan the list on the side of all the blogs I follow, you can probably find an entry on one of them about Lent.  If that's what you're looking for, go scan those, 'cuz I've been there, done that.  Moving on.

Lent is, you know, a BIG DEAL.  Especially for Catholics, and now we have the added trial of the pope's resignation.  The world is in turmoil.  I mean, much of the world couldn't care less about Pope Benedict's resignation; but there are so many other issues, and what affects one group has ripple effects throughout the world.  So, you know, pray and stuff.

The thing is, I can't say anything that I haven't already said before.  And I certainly can't think of anything to say that hasn't been said by someone before, and whoever it was, he probably said it a lot better than I ever could.  So go to the experts if you want literature on Lent – don't come to me.  Just sayin'.


Ummmmm... but I'm not saying anything on Lent this year....  I'm gonna be too busy discovering it myself to teach it to anyone else.  For better or worse.

-----

Anyhow, I'm involved in a little known ministry called "Ministry to Moms."  Long story short, I'm a mother's helper.  It's the best ministry work ever.  When I first started this ministry is about the time that I closed my mind to religious life.  I've been pretty sure for some time that I was called to marriage, but being part of a family again and taking care of children was what did it for me.  I've got a "keep your mind open to God's signs" policy, but sometimes you've got to clamp your mind shut on something that God's been hitting you over the head with.  I just have to marry and keep house and raise kids.  It's sort of a necessity.  It's kind of always been my calling.  My sister, on the other hand, is considering religious life, and I think she's rather more suited to it.

Ummmmm, not sure why I told you that.

Oh! I guess because my "Steubie Mom" is having her fourth baby boy today.  I can't wait to meet him!

~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...