Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"Well, anyway – blah blah blah – long story longer"


----------------

I was writing in my journal one day and I wrote:

When I see his face, I do not see perfection, but I want to go on looking anyway.  Is that love?

I paused; then went on:

Oh, I pray it is love!  If it is only the beginning of love, oh what, God, You must feel for us!

----------------

A concept that is sometimes hard for me to remember:




----------------



----------------

The only remedy for love is to love more.  You won't conquer it; you shouldn't conquer it.  So, love so much that when it leaves your control and flies with its own wings, you can't help but smile through the pain.

----------------


----------------


After the most recent election, I sat back, disappointed, and thought stubbornly, "You would have no power over me unless it were given you from above."

But then I looked at my blog and cried.  And I looked at the blogs I follow and cried.  What had we done to further our cause?

We were silent.

----------------

Have you ever loved so much that you didn't know it, but when you met someone, in his absence, who had many of the same mannerisms, you felt your heart break in longing for his presence?


Have you ever known anyone with a genuinely beautiful smile – the kind that he/she isn't even aware of?

----------------

It's easy for me to sit back and say with assurance, "The Church will not be defeated.  Let the world figure out what it is like without us and then we'll be back, like always, to rebuild from the rubble."  For it's true.  So why fret?  ...But in the meantime, so many souls will be lost in the chaos.  Unless we continue to fight.

But on the other hand, in twenty or thirty years, if no laws are made directly against the Church, large Catholic families will rule the world, will be the majority.  And abortion had better be ready to fight when that happens.  [Just making this up, by the way, I'm not basing it off actual figures.]

----------------

Dr. Steve Ray:
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church."

"Do you know who understands it better than we do?  Satan."
      (-on the importance of the person)

"We might be despised for what we do – but don't forget, there are those who are impressed."


----------------



----------------

When you fall in love, don't ask, "Will he make me happy?"  Ask, "Can I make him happy?"  Your happiness will lie in his.

----------------

Men: Don't worry – men who are too perfect turn me off.  Don't be afraid to fail – I want to be your saving grace.

----------------


----------------


----------------



----------------


----------------

*contain
~Meggy


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I see a trend in your posts....and I shall certainly be praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm not keeping it a secret very well I'm afraid.

      Delete
    2. Meh, not really. :) But you'll have more prayer warriors with you this way. :) Dominus vobiscum!

      Delete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...