Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Supplementing Your Summer: Character Final

I picked Spock as the character that I studied.  He is quiet and careful in his choice of words.  He is loyal and knowledgeable, but naive and doesn't understand when logic doesn't get the job done.  At his best, I found him to be a cross between Thomas Aquinas and the Little Flower, but obviously he doesn't have their level of virtue.

I had other characters in mind as well, but as we go into August, I can see that I don't have time.  If you're lucky, you might get an analysis of a LOTR character but I am rapidly running out of time.

Did you pick a character and do one as well?  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, try reading Learning to be Like Your Favorite Characters series explained and the first in the installment: Supplementing Your Summer: Character.  If you did this, please tell me about it!  I haven't had much time to study any other characters (so it'd be great if you did the work for me...) and I'd be interesting in seeing what you've come up with.  TV show and movie characters are the easiest because it usually takes a lot less time to watch something than to read and study a book.  Even so, books and even comic books are allowed in this game.

If you haven't done this, I would like to take this opportunity to encourage you to do so.  It is really quite fun.  Emulating people I admire has always been part of my character, more so than in most other people, I'm realizing, and so this process of analyzing character may be easier for me than for some other people.  Even so, I think you might find it fun!

(I should mention that my Book Binding posts have been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances.  I will give you the last installment as soon as I can.)

I hope you had a pleasant summer, and may the rest of it be bright and gay!
~Meggy
Quick to leaf, you'll come to grief; slow to shoot will bear you fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...