Saturday, May 26, 2012

A year ago now

To Whom It May Concern:

If you have come here looking for me, I am not here - it is because I am in Virginia.

A year ago today, I wrote a review on A Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott.  A year ago, my siblings discovered the Archangel Song (parody on a popular song).  A year ago, I watched Hitchcock's Rebecca and got really interested in watching some of his other movies.  A year ago, I was posting a lot of Tangled videos and writing analyses on the movie.  I was babysitting for my neighbor, and I watched my first Glee episodes after the kids were in bed (and decided it wasn't healthy).  A year ago, I was wearing a homemade laced bodice (a pain to put on and lace up).  A year ago, I was feeling bogged down with my school work, wondering if it would ever end.  A year ago, I watched 'Lemonade Mouth' and loved the songs.  A year ago, I posted a great recipe for Strawberry-Rhubarb pie.   (For all the above, see: May 2011)

Today, I graduate high school.

Today, I'm in Virginia, graduating in a Seton Home Study School ceremony.  I'm in a darling outfit that I made myself, covered in a blue gown, wearing a cap, and I'm posing patiently for lots of pictures.

Today, I graduate.

August 22nd, I head out for Steubenville, Ohio to move into a dorm room and get started living on my own.  I start college classes, meeting new people, making new friends.  Learning to get along on my own - hours away from home.

But in the meantime, I still have a few months at home.  I have to work to save up money, pack up my things, get the house and family ready for my absence, and spend lots of canoe and fishing time with my dad.  I'll also be sure to assure my mom that I'm not abandoning her.

But today, I've left high school far behind.

My fondest, heartfelt thanks to all my readers - I'll post pictures soon
~Meggy

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on graduation!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's an odd feeling to be free of high school. I love it, I seem to get a lot of productive stuff done around the house and on my novel.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh, congratulations! I'm sure that graduation must feel wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it really does. My party is this weekend, and all sorts of people are coming out of the woodwork, it's kind of exciting!

      Delete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...