Monday, July 22, 2013

Titles

As of the publication of this post, my current blog title is "Ginger and Rubies."  It's fine, and it symbolized where I was last year when I renamed my blog.  But say it aloud.  It's cumbersome and awkward.  And what does it mean?  Well, my first year of college was the first time I started seeing myself as a "ginger."  I'm a redhead, but no one had called me ginger before.  And for whatever reason, the ruby ring that my parents gave me on my eighteenth is especially important to me.  Plus its my birthstone.

The original title of my blog was "Magic, Ink, and Dreams."  But that too was cumbersome and awkward, so I had no qualms about changing it.  Well, my only qualm was of being indecisive and being one of those people who changes their blog title a lot.  I mean, its the title of the blog – it shouldn't change, right?

Well, anyway, I changed it and became one of "those people."  . . .So I haven't picked very good blog titles.  It doesn't really matter what it sounds like in my mouth because I don't tell anyone I know that I blog, but even so. . . I'm not the only one who might say my blog title.

So I'm thinking about changing it.  The problem is that I'm feeling very lonely and restless, and therefore, I'm more likely to be indecisive and want to change things.  I've already had to resist the urge to redesign my blog again.

Possible name changes:

Color Me Capricious
[She/I/...] Learn(s) As She/I Grow(s)
Marcmire
or just...
Meggy

~Meggy

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I like that, and Color Me Capricious. :)

      Delete
    2. I like that one too!! But I can't see it as my blog title.... Which is frustrating because I really love it.

      Marcmire is from a book I'm in the middle of writing and its the name of a town where the main character learns a lot about herself and kinda comes into her own – and it just sounds cool so I'd like to use it. But then it doesn't mean anything to anyone else so....

      Delete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...