Sunday, July 21, 2013

Doctor Who Tag, I

Click HERE to visit the original tag at Climbing the Alpine Path.

"When and why did you start watching Doctor Who, and what made you become a fan of it?"

Well, I don't remember exactly when, or even how, but it was within the first few months of college, as I recall.  I didn't have many friends yet, and the ones I had didn't really just hang out at every possible opportunity, so I didn't have much to do.  I may have ordered it through the school library, or I may have watched in on my parent's Netflix. . . .  I'm not sure.  But I was advised by one of my blog readers as to a certain order to introduce myself to them.  After watching "Blink," I'm not entirely sure why I went back for more.  It was so different from anything I regularly watched – but I suppose I was "off at college now," and it had just enough whimsy to intrigue me.

Science fiction really gets to me, it would seem.  I haven't seen much of it, but the shows I have watched have fascinated me.  This whole "more to science than we know" just captures my imagination.  And, unlike fantasy, it's generally faster paced and seems to be more episode-by-episode, as far as plot goes, instead of one long story.

Anyway, it is very funny and the Doctor – whichever he is – tends to be hilariously eccentric.  But there's some seriousness there; some drama; something deeper underneath that is tenderly endearing.

I actually haven't watched much lately, which is sad.  I want to go back and watch the original seasons if I get around to it.

~Meggy

1 comment:

  1. Blink was not the first episode I ever watched from start to finish, but I remember seeing clips of it long ago. Perhaps it was the reason my interest in Doctor Who revived itself years later. I think it was the concept of the Weeping Angels that captured my interest. Even though the Doctor was not present in Blink as much as in other episodes, I felt like I could really grasp a sense of his personality. I think you really struck a note of truth by saying how there is something deeper beneath the Doctor's eccentricity - perhaps that is the main reason we're drawn to him.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...