Tuesday, July 7, 2015

2 AM Disturbances

The book club was supposed to start July the Fourth, but seeing as that is a significant holiday, I'm not surprised that no one posted anything.  I myself, in fact, let the day slip away from me.  I intended to take care of it first thing in the morning, but I didn't give myself a reminder (as I warned myself I should).  And so, my friends, it did not get done.

Good news is that I am now prepared for this Saturday.  The book club will begin this Saturday the 11th and this round will continue for four weeks.  I explain what to do at the first meeting, which is this Saturday, but for now, get your book and get excited!!!

Also, my new blog is close to being "launchable."  I'm not totally happy with it, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to move over there before it's totally done and allow it to be a work in progress.  Reluctantly, I asked my boyfriend for a photo shoot – because I don't like being photographed and he loves photography – and so we spent part of Sunday shooting a camera at me, and it was actually kind of fun.  He's being looking through the photos and found some good ones, so those will be going up on the website soon.  I am breaking the barrier between me and you!  You shall truly get to know what I look like.  (Even sound like…??????)

In other news?  Um….  If you're into knitting, check out this page and knit with me!  "Knitting Thursday" every, well, Thursday.

Story time:

So last night, I woke up to loud music and talking just before 1:30 AM.  It was clearly coming from the vicinity of my black neighbors – I say black neighbors because, well, they're black.  Which distinguishes them from my other neighbors.  They don't live in my apartment complex, but in the apartments on the next property over.  They tend to talk very loudly and shout often.  I've been afraid to approach them because they seem so unfriendly….  But last night, they were making a ton of noise.  Or visitors of theirs were.  I didn't want to get up to check.  I rolled over and hoped to get back to sleep.  But finally, car doors slammed and the noise quieted.  But then my neighbors – husband and wife I assume – continued to talk and yell at each other the only way they know how.  And it was 1:30 in the morning.  She seemed to deliberately provoke him – she must be a very unhappy person or just really grumpy at 1:30 in the morning – and I sympathize.

Finally – I didn't hear the car pull up but I heard the voices over the radio.  Almost 2 AM and, I checked, the police had pulled up.  It almost instantly got quieter, although you could hear them still yelling at each other from inside their apartment.

Whew!  What a night.  Took me forever to get back to sleep.  The police stuck around outside for awhile, and some other people seemed to be hanging out, but it was hard to see because it was 2 in the morning.  I'm not sure what was going on.  But eventually I realized that I hadn't heard a sound for a little while and I assumed everyone had gone or went into their respective doors.  And after a bit longer, I fell asleep.

Tonight, it's pouring rain and I love it.  I like falling asleep to the sound of rain on the roof.

That's all I have for now.  Thanks for sticking around!

~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...