Monday, May 18, 2015

Chicken Farmers


I don't know if you watch John Oliver but I highly recommend him.  I don't always agree with his opinions but I often do, and I think his show does a wonderful job of opening our eyes to problems we don't see.  This chicken farm problem is startling on many levels.  For one thing, I tend to believe that the average farmer will have the best interest of his stock weighing heavily on his mind.  The big companies they're slaving for do not see the animals nor care for them and don't care.  This system sucks.  Ignorant as I am, I won't claim to know what's best, but it seems to me like we don't need big corporations just to sell chickens.  Those that do the work can earn the cash.  The fact that the farmers are being screwed over and are in debt because of it and could be punished for complaining about it is disgusting.

I never intend to be that level of farmer, but I do want a farm so this spoke to my heart and caught my attention.  The more I heard, the more I couldn't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...