Monday, May 19, 2014

If Only Gardening Could Come Sooner

Winter is long over so bloggie needed a makeover.  Makeover completed, I am doubly reminded why I want to learn web design: (1) I want to know better ways to do exactly what I want with my blogs and such; (2) I love being able to design things to perfection.

By the end of the week, I will be home from Austria with lots to do at home.  I have a lot of gardening to do.  This year, I'm going to try to grow sweet peas all around the outside on the fence, and train the cucumbers up a trellis (I think at an angle so I can plant lettuce beneath it).  I think I will also add petunias to the front gardens and fill up the empty space there.  I also really want to try this: vertical strawberry tower.  I also want to try planting corn, beans, and squash together – the traditional Indian method – according to these instructions.

I'm going to try a new arrangement of long-ways rather than short rows on either side of the path down my vegetable garden; but I'm not sure I'll actually do that yet.  My mum just sent me a picture of my strawberry plants blooming, and my rhubarb is coming in nicely – I can't wait to have strawberry rhubarb pie!  My boyfriend has never had it and it is a must.  I replied to her email and asked about the wild strawberries (tiny, but such a strong flavor).  I think I'm also going to try to grow potatoes on a large pot I have from last summer, for real this time, and I'm going to be more calculated about what I plant where, trying to make the most of space and resources.

And window boxes!  I want to plant onions and chives and herbs and bright petunias in the window boxes to brighten up the front of the house and scent the whole first floor when a breeze blows through the windows.

I have so many plans and projects and my sister's graduation party is just a week after I get back!  Yikes!  I can't wait to get started.

~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...