Sunday, April 7, 2013

Who can say?

Click HERE for music that I posted last year, appropriate for this great day.  For more season appropriate music, click on the other entries I posted that week.

As I'm contemplating this miraculous Truth, I'm filled with the overwhelming realization that I have no way of describing how incredible and yet how beautiful this Divine Mercy is.  But I can offer my testimony in place of a fitting tribute.

For I am so incredibly grateful.  My soul has been prepared for this day in a way I could never have expected and did not understand.  Oh how often I've been in a funk that I could not shake.  Stuck and struggling, bogged down with mud and bruised with blows – I look up at God and wonder why I can find no peace in His will.  Reexamining everything I've ever done, repeating sins in Confession, praying triply hard, relishing moments of silence and contemplation, never resting or working without begging His blessing, trying to live life as though Satan was not gripping my ankles – I did everything I could to find God.  Easter came and I was seeing the light – but my ears were filled with fluid and I felt exhausted all over.  My mind was too foggy to give me grief, but my soul was not at rest.  Then, finally, a few days ago, I began to feel lifted in spirit.  I had been struggling with my self image and had been feeling unwanted and generally disliked.  However much God loves me, I will always question myself when I do not feel affection from His creation – which makes sense!  If people shun me, perhaps I'm doing something wrong and I should reexamine myself.  But I could find nothing.  And finally, I felt wanted.  I feel wanted.  In spite of everything I've done and everything I've ever thought or felt, I am wanted.  I don't understand, and I'm afraid.  But on this day, Divine Mercy Sunday, I'm reminded that no matter how dirty you get, you can still take a bath.  It might be quite a chore to get from the mud puddle up to the tub (or the pool of Siloam?), so it might take time but it can happen.  And, as when a stubborn child doesn't want to get in the tub, sometimes it takes a while before God can lift us into the water.  But that doesn't mean we're beyond hope.

We're never beyond hope if we trust in Jesus.

~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...