Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Friend, A Brother

Hello.  Just checking in to let those who were concerned know:

Everything is fine between the guy who was wrecking my life and me.  There are a few things that I won't excuse him for, but there definitely were a few misunderstandings and some mistakes on my side.  We're not where I would have wanted us to be, but there's absolutely no reason why we can't be in the future if our paths parallel.

On the other hand, I'm realizing the very great blessing another man in my life is to me.  Calling him a man almost seems inappropriate because he's so fun and "little."  (Physically, he's a good size.  But he's young in... you know, like, playful, cute, teasing – and totally not in a flirty way.)  He has always legitimately felt like my brother – although I'm not sure how he'd feel about that if I told him!  He's easy to talk to but, unlike some other people that are easy to talk to, our talk is very light and fun.  Even serious topics are suddenly made small.  We don't take life too seriously when we talk.  Other people deliberate too much or are too flippant about the subject.  He has a healthy balance between the two.  Perhaps this should be what qualifies him as a man.  He's mature in a simple way.  He's mature in relation to his age.  He is not overly philosophical and he is not exactly juvenile.  But he has retained some of the playful ways of boys without the mature connotations of men.

Suddenly my mood is very much lifted after a quick prayer group with him.  After our daily prayers, I talked to him about an interesting thing going on in my life – not directly related to me but my best friend.  It concerns me a little bit and, because she's dramatic and tends to throw herself at life, I don't know if I should say something or just be there for her.  I talked to him about it and we didn't really come to a conclusion.  I just felt better laughing with him about it!  We weren't discussing her, the problem, or anything negatively – just how I felt, and how I feel is kind of trapped and uncertain.  But we discussed it without being dramatic.  We can discuss things in our life that is truly serious and take it seriously, but I think we're both Listeners – so it feels SO GOOD.  Fortunately, I think he's a less philosophical Listener than I am – I sometimes take things as tending toward a depressing level that they didn't need to be on.

And suddenly the funk I'd fallen back into is gone!  I'm very, very grateful to God for many things.  He's going on the top of the list today.

~Meggy

My theme song

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...