Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Autumn

Yesterday morning, shortly before 8 AM, I stepped down out of our Nisan Armada into the parking lot outside Saint Bernard Parish in Saint Camilis Church.  It was the first time I had experienced the morning air that day and I was shocked, and admittedly pleased, with the brisk chill I was met with.  I felt that refreshing chill in the air all that day, although it reached almost eighty.  I felt it today as well.

It is the chill of autumn!

I love autumn - in fact, it is my favorite season.  I love that chill.  I also love sweaters and capris (although I was recently informed that my definition of capris is wrong) and hot cocoa.  I can't wait until I get a chance to take my guitar outside, sit on the front steps, and pick a tune.  I'll be wearing a sweater and "capris", my braid-wavy hair blowing back gently away from my face, and not far away will be the bright colors of my newly planted Mums.

That's another thing - I love my garden.  My vegetable garden didn't get proper attention this summer and so isn't fully grown, but I haven't given up on it, which I have named "Sleepy Garden".  The flower gardens, however, have bloomed at, what seems to me, strange times this year, but I don't mind because summer flew by me and now it's the end of August, so I'm sure I just lost track of time.  Still, we didn't get the usual excess of Black-Eyed-Susans and Daisies.  Our Rose of Sharon has attracted a very thrill couple of Hummingbirds, however, which I'm thankful for.

Today was an interesting day.  I killed the car battery, got my mom to buy me a book while we waited for AAA, and got out to the parking lot just in time for my dad to drive up and help us out (interestingly enough, we had our hood open and no one offered help, even the three or four guys who drove by - and I wasn't confident enough in my jump-starting abilities).  I also went to the music store, ordered Lord of the Rings sheet music for my brother, whose birthday is in November, and bought guitar book three - finally.  I can't wait to get started on it!

Furthermore, I love Gordon Lasalle.  It is such a comfortable little shop, even for someone like me who is uncomfortable in her own home when strangers are over.  The guy there today was attractive to!  He is a classical guitar major graduate who was impressed with the musical interest and talent of my brother's and mine.  He was very kind and helpful.

Furthermore, we went to an independent computer service store where they had Macbooks for sale for just under $500!  That's what I had been saving up for so we jumped at the chance.  I paid half with the babysitting money I'd earned, and I haven't regretted it yet.  (BTW, Jim Whatshisname was a nice guy as well.)  This computer is, so far, the computer of my dreams and I'm looking forward to blogging on it further in future.  (For example, I got home, clicked on the Firefox icon and was instantly given options for the Internet connection.  I typed in the password and I've been connected since!  I've never had that much cooperation with Internet connections.)

I hope the end of your summer has been as exciting and pleasant as mine!  Tell me about it in a comment!

~Meggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you are thinking of leaving a comment! I have turned off automatic comment moderation but I still read every single comment that is posted. I will delete any comments that are immature, rude, disgusting, or inappropriate. Please conduct yourself with honor and decorum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...